So here I am, new and excited in this world of blogs. Another new adventure, a feeling I am growing more and more accustomed too.
Change is a scary. I can relate to all of these students I have been living life with for the past 2 months. It's a scary new world, full of new people, new routines and new expectations. 2010 has been a year full of this for me too. Even as this year is slowly coming to an end (well more quickly then I want to think, we are starting to practice for the Christmas program!) my life is still changing. As I am learning though... life can never just be the same, and I feel like these Kindergartners are helping me teach this lesson.
I get to be a teacher to them, a mom, a psychologist, a nurse, a friend, a mediator, a singer, and so many more things to these children. It is such a blessing! I am truly so blessed to be able to teach these kids, something that was a really big scary change at first. Now I get to hear the funny things they talk about, the silly things they say to me, the precious things they pray for, the important things they need to tell me (like that there is a ladybug on the ground) and even the very random questions they ask me. It is all great and makes for great stories.
So with those thoughts, I will leave you with my first blog post. I am hoping to post some of the cute things my kids do, and say as well as what they are teaching me. So I will leave you with this cute little story, brought to you especially by my cuties. I had to leave right away one day last week so that I could get to my Doctor's appointment on time on a very rainy day. My kids were over having a substitute, so as we were leaving they asked me to "pinky promise" that I would be at school and that they wouldn't have a sub. How cute are they? And how loved they make me feel!
No comments:
Post a Comment