Friday, October 29, 2010

Meltdowns and Sugar Highs

Oh what a couple days it has been.  It is the recipe for a perfect storm... Halloween, Full Moon, and Santa Ana Winds. Perfect Storm. This led to a sea of tears and a dramatic week in my class.

Just some highlights for you:

- I had a little boy in hysterics, not even able to talk at nap time.  I asked him what was wrong and he said he had picked Lightening McQueen shoes when he went shopping the other day, and he was crying because he didn't know what happened to the other shoes he didn't pick.  How precious is that!?

-I had little boys saying "ass"  but they didn't even know what it meant. I wanted to die laughing.

-A little girl peed her pants.

-Three sugar filled desserts in one day. Pudding pies, rice krispy treats, and cupcakes. Plus the day before we had cupcakes.  Lets just say that we had way too much sugar for even a full sized grown up.

SO many tears and paper cuts and band aids and hugs this week. I am emotionally and physically exhausted.  My little kiddos just needed a lot of love.  It was just one of those weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment