Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oh what a world

It's been an interesting week in my class.  As Charles Dickens said "IIt was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." My kids have had their moments where I was pulling out my hair and they had some times where I was so happy I wanted to cry.  I'm just thankful to have a day off and a little break tomorrow. 


One of the best moments of the week was when the kids were working on an art project and they broke out into song.  They were singing, "I throw my hands up in the air sometime...." SO cute! I just died laughing. Then we talked about Veteran's day, and how thankful we are for Veterans (They remembered that Brian was a Veteran, made me tear up a bit. :) ) I told them how my Grandpa is a Veteran and they asked me if he was still alive. I said yes and told them he was in his 80s and they were flabbergasted.  They could not believe I had 4 grandparents still alive.  They wanted to meet them it was so cute.


Even though my kids can make me want to pull my hair out, they do have those precious moments.  Those precious moments make everything worth it.  That is my mantra going into this next week of parent teacher conferences.  Oh dear! I think I can! I think I can! I just need to survive to Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Found you!
    Do you have grandparent's day at your school? You should bring yours if you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this blog! can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete